Our Experience and Expertise with Responsible Managers
Our Licensing Team is headed by ex-ASIC manager, Frank Varga, who has over 30 years’ experience in analytical and senior management roles at ASIC, including overseeing the Licensing for the final 15 years of his time there.
We work with Responsible Managers in the financial services and credit industries on a daily basis, and have a good understanding of what it means to be a Responsible Manager.
We’ve also helped many Licensees vary their licence to add Responsible Managers, or by varying it to remove the Key Person Condition.
Compliance Support for Responsible Managers
- Responsible Manager training
- Quarterly and biannual Industry Compliance Forums for different industry groups (Advice Licensees, Accountants, Payments Businesses/Money Remitters, CFD Providers, Consumer Credit Licensees)
- Regulatory updates and alerts
- Licensee compliance documents and policy templates, such as the Compliance Manual
Legal Services for Responsible Managers
On top of our compliance support offerings through our HN Hub, we also provide legal services for Responsible Managers and Licensees through our law firm, Holley Nethercote Lawyers (liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation).
Some of these legal services include:
- Assistance with regulatory action
- Credit assistance with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act, National Credit Code, ASIC Act and other regulatory obligations advice
- Preparing, amending, interpreting and advising on authorised representative agreements
- Financial crime including AML/CTF
- Developing and advising on corporate governance structures
- Designing or providing legal “sign off” on Credit Guides, Financial Services Guides and other disclosure documents
- Attendance at compliance committee meetings
- Other business law services