Clients range from boutique investment managers through to global investment banks. Because we specialise in financial services, we’re well equipped to assist you from routine AFSL applications with HN Licensing, through to complex legal advice and support dealing with the regulator through Holley Nethercote Lawyers.
Design and Distribution Obligations
We assist AFS licensees, authorised representatives, credit licensees and credit representatives to meet their design and distribution obligations.
Whether you’re launching a new product, engaged in product distribution or reviewing your current arrangements, we can assist you with every step of the process.
These obligations require (AFSL and ACL) licensees to ensure they maintain a consumer-centric approach when designing and distributing products.
The design and distribution obligations require licensees to:
- design and distribute products that are likely to be consistent with the likely objectives, financial situations and needs of consumers; and
- target products to consumers who would benefit from them, in order to improve customer outcomes.
These obligations require product issuers and distributors to develop and maintain effective product governance arrangements across the lifecycle of financial products.
Contact us for help with your:
- product launch;
- design and distribution obligations;
- product governance arrangements;
- target market determinations; and
- questions on DDO.
More ways we can help
- Determining if the product you are offering is a financial product that requires licensing
- Establishing a Managed Investment Scheme (MIS) – Constitution, Compliance Plan, PDS, etc.
- Establishing a Corporate Collective Investment Vehicle (CCIV) – Corporate director, Constitution, PDS, etc.
- Running and advising on Managed Discretionary Accounts (MDAs)
- Licensing advice (for an Australian Financial Services Licence)
- Assistance drafting key disclosure documents, including Product Disclosure Statements (PDSs)
- Support to deal with the regulators
- Custom training on issues unique to your product/sector
- Attending and/or running Compliance Committee Meetings