Employment Law for Employers
How we can help
We act almost exclusively for employers in all employment law matters. These include:
- employment agreements, including tailored agreements for executive officers, managing directors and financial advisors;
- advising on employer and employee rights and obligations, including entitlements and leave;
- employment disputes;
- terminating employment relationships;
- occupational health and safety matters and policies;
- in-house policies, including Internet and social media policies; and
- what to do when an employee is sick or injured.
What does employment law encompass?
Employment law includes beginning, maintaining and ending the employment relationship, occupational health and safety, discrimination, enterprise bargaining and industrial action. We can help you navigate the large volume of legislation that regulates this area.
Not an employer?
We also provide advice to employees who are not covered by an award.
Want to know more?
Contact us today for assistance.
Wednesday, 13 December 2017
Every now and again, employers find themselves faced with an employee who steps over the line and does something which requires a disciplinary response but may not warrant dismissal. This may occur when a long standing and valued employee does something out of character.
Friday, 15 August 2014
Your employee has recently told you she is expecting a child. What are your rights and obligations as an employer?
Thursday, 31 July 2014
A recent case handed down by the Federal Circuit Court has important take-outs for anyone involved in employing or dismissing staff – including managers, owners and HR teams.
Running a Business