Payments Law 101 Technical Training – Regulatory Focus and Fundamentals – 5 Regulators, 1 Payments business! How is the law relevant to my business?
- Which regulators do I need to know about? ASIC, AUSTRAC, ACCC, APRA and OAIC
- Legal definitions – derivatives, foreign exchange contracts and non-cash payment (NCP) products, purchased payment facilities (PPFs), and designated remittance arrangements
- Derivatives, foreign exchange contracts and non-cash payment facilities – when is a financial product issued?
- What licence authorisations do payments businesses need?
- Client money and derivative retail client money – are we captured?
- AML/CTF, designated remittance arrangements and the Remittance Sector Register